Saturday, April 19, 2008

Okay...Vegas, lard boy, Vic is checking back in. I'm still not sure about AMSOF or the Vegas Vick handles, but lead singer of the "Geezers" might be my new title after tonight. More on that later. There is one stipulation to my blogging. (I really do not like the word) That stipulation being that there will be no more pictures of me with a fake pink flower in my Fro, and never any more shots of big tuna on trampoline watch.

I came back from Maryland a whopping three hundred and eleven pounds, and the only thing I remember eating out is Mexican once, Five Guys once, a late night Big Mac, fries, and a sundae with Johnny and the girls, and sneaking pinenuts from Jennifro's freezer. Oh, and the about five pounds of Southwest nuts and crackers, and Kellsburg's cookies, and Jill's mills, and a McDonald's sundae spree with Mitchell, and Forrest Teeter's disgusting salad bar, and cleaning up everyone's plates at Richie Cunningham's rice bowl expo. I am a pig. But, I am a happy pig!!! More on that later.

I just got off from the phone with #one son, and he was exuding about his # one son's prowess in T-ball. It brought back so many great memories of years past and how much fun we had watching everyone except Jennifer and Jill excell athletically. You girls will just have to keep playing the piano and being beautiful and let Jek, the bullet-armed second baseman and perennial winner of the snake-dash, and Jayne, the bloodthirsty point guard, be the sports heroes. They are, however, going to try to catch you both in the music department, and they are both every bit as beautiful. Jennifer and Jill maybe you two could do bodybuilding or cross-country skiing or rowing or backbacking. Just do something athletically to make us proud.

Jennifer, Mitchell should be in T-ball immediately if he is not already!!!!! He will be behind, and from what I saw when we played at your house, the boy has game. It is just one more thing, but he will love it, and it is a blast to go watch. I will wait for your report. After seeing the progress of my talented, oldest grandson, Nicholas John, on the quitar after such a short time; I feel an obligation to share the remaining talents still cursing through my veins with those who share my blood and heart. Nicholas is also a great little baseball player. I can still throw and catch, and if they didn't play old-fart softball on Sunday, I would be playing today, and probably batting 8th and limping around the outfield.

I'm out for now! More on the "Geezers" concert, and being a happy pig later.

Love you all,

VV or AMSOF or LSOTG (lead singer of the geezers)

8 comments:

Jayne Layne said...

Perfect Dad! That is what we want to hear! I LOVED READING THIS! I am glad to know that Jek and I have made you proud in the athletic department. Don't fail to mention that I can beat them all in arm wrestling...except Kelley. I agree with Mitchell in TBall! Do it Jenn! Don't wait so long for the next one, your mind goes all day, jot it down!

Love ya!

jill said...

Good job dad!! About the athletic thing, I was one heck of a pitcher when I was on the Angels team. And, what about the trampoline, that's an Olympic event now, I could do back flips and everything! What about swimming? Remember I beat you around 12 years old. Oh yee-aaah! And as for the music area, Jayne and Jek are every bit (or better) than I am.

Jek said...

I am now the worst at the piano. You should hear our family home evening songs. Popcorn popping sounds like Lorraine(on mom's street) played it in her grave. What would she always say Jill? oh yeah "i don't feeeeeel good but I loook good."

I think the best compliment was bullet arm second baseman, rock on jek.

Up in Bubbles said...

That was good. Thanks for adding it. Something good to read on a rainy Sunday morning.

I believe Jill could add wrestling to her repertoire of sports. She is the only one that I cannot manhandle without the possibility of losing an eye or receiving a firm kick to the nether region, if you know what I mean.

Jek, your bullet arm has been demoted to a mere BB. We will have to work on it getting it back to pre-Alexis days this summer. You could start now with simple biceps curls. Can you lift a weight? Any amount at this point would work wonders.

Up in Bubbles said...

That was very funny. I can see where John gets it. It is a little scary at times. (It was like reading exactly what my John would have wrote) I also know that John will never change and I will have someone to make me laugh even when I am old. It was so good to have you guys out here. Hope you come back soon. Johnny was sure cute in his little tee-ball outfit. And everyone on the side lines could not beleive how far and fast he could throw the ball. They kept saying to get a clock on that arm. I know this ability definitly did not come from me as you saw my softball skills when you were here. So thanks for passing on some good abilities.

JENNIFRO said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JENNIFRO said...

WAY TO GO POP!!! I knew you had an inner voice waiting to shine! I've only been offended on two counts so far--my apparent non-athleticism and my negligence of my #3 child. I've always gotten the most criticism, being the oldest. Wounds run deep.

Jek said...

LOL LOL LOL

That means Laugh out loud dad

but you probably knew that you taught 7th graders